DIGITAL + SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERNS
The Marketing Intern will work with the Marketing + Event Department to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns, events, and overall promotion of the San Antonio Current and its clients. This internship is designed to provide exposure to the advertising and event marketing professions with a focus on on-site activations.
- Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and additional expertise welcomed
- Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about the San Antonio Current
- Must love engaging with the San Antonio community
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must provide own smartphone
- Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
Those who are interested should email their resume and a brief letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDITORIAL AND CALENDAR INTERNS
The San Antonio Current is looking for editorial interns to join our team to assist with producing blog and print content, as well as additional duties like calendar management and creating slideshows.
Our interns spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing and managing online content. You will be expected to produce relevant and witty blog and print commentary on a regular basis, regularly update the web calendar and also help compile weekly slideshows. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the Arts, Music, News and Food sections if they develop appropriate content.
Interns are taken in Fall, Spring and Summer cohorts, and can be integrated with college courses. Interns are expected to contribute 10-15 hours per week of work, which can be completed either in the Current offices or remotely. The position is unpaid. The Current is also able to collaborate with university internship programs for either school credit or funding.
- Write 3-5 blogs per week. Blogs can be short or long-form, and can be contributed to any section of coverage. Candidates must be comfortable pitching ideas regularly, as interns are expected to contribute their own thoughts and ideas.
- Create and upload 2-4 weekly slideshows in collaboration with editorial team and fellow interns.
- Pitch and write long-form articles for print and web
- Proofread and approve event submissions to the online calendar
- Upload major local events and Current Staff Picks onto online calendar
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- A background in writing/journalism — experience writing for a news site always helps
- Excellent writing skills with high attention to detail and grammatical competence
- Proficiency with copy-editing, data entry and using content management systems
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Bonus: Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and experience coding in HTML
Submit a brief introduction, a resume, and two writing samples to Kelly Nelson with the subject Editorial Intern. In the introduction, please indicate which semester you wish your application to be considered for.
Application Deadlines:Fall Interns: July 15
Spring Interns: October 15
Summer Interns: March 15
If the application deadline falls on a weekend, applicants can submit their materials by end of day on the following Monday.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNS
San Antonio Current is looking for motivated and creative graphic design interns to join our production team. This is the perfect place for new designers to learn, develop their portfolio, network with industry professionals, and develop new skills that they will carry with them throughout their career. Passionate voices are welcomed and essential here. You must demonstrate strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills. We accept applications year-round, but our positions fill quickly. This is an unpaid internship.
- Proficiency in Adobe software, especially Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Great work ethic and time management skills
To apply, please send a resume, and portfolio pieces to Samantha Serna.
WHO IS CHAVA COMMUNICATIONS?
Chava Communications is a modern media, marketing, and events company that connects local businesses with culturally-engaged audiences through world-class events, strategic marketing services, and independent journalism.
San Antonio Current is San Antonio’s multimedia source of events, news, arts and culture since 1986. We provide locally targeted advertising solutions to help businesses reach the highly-desirable, socially and culturally-engaged consumers.
San Antonio Current is an Equal Opportunity Employer.